Thursday, June 26, 2008
summer in the city is something i love. no, i don't enjoy the humid mugginess, the smell of hot piss in the subway, the fact the homeless people now strip down to the skeeveys, the hordes of teenagers who roam the street, yelling slurs at me or spitting at me. these are all bad negative things about the city, but every once in awhile, i get glimpses, moments of prettiness that remind me why i love summers in the city.
1) getting dinner with my best friends and just talking about everything and nothing and then winding down the night with cold bubble tea
2) the sound of the ice cream truck and the site of mr. softie on the side of the truck as i chase it down to get a wolverine popsicle
3) people flying kites in the park
4) the smell of honeysuckles as i walk to work in the morning
5) the smell of dew on grass as it gets cut after an overnight rainstorm
6) how the nights stay lighter and you lose track of time
7) water ice is ok to eat for dinner
8) seersucker suits on old men
9) picnics are back in style
10) fireflies. fireflies. fireflies.
summer of 2008 has begun. bring on the bubble tea and let's catch some fireflies.